Hippocrates, the father of medicine, once said that “the way to health is to have an aromatic bath and a scented massage every day.” I believe this says something about the chemical makeup of how our bodies respond to the aroma. Modern day medicine illustrates that essentials oils have properties which are anti viral, antibacterial, and anti fungal. In addition, they create stimulation in all areas of the body. Recent studies show that the most effective way to use essential oils is not orally but inhalation or externally.
I have created a spray for my business that kills germs on windows, mirrors,stainless steel, hardwood floors, shower and bath, and glass. I use just one basic essential oil, Eucalyptus. It is one of my favorites. Eucalyptus properties are wonderful and amazing as it cuts grease and grime, deodorizes, supports immune system when inhaled, and it can purify the air and kill mold. After years of trial and error with different recipes, I began mixing the eucalyptus with vodka. My spray consists of Eucalyptus, distilled water and vodka.
How Can it Help your Business and Clean your Commercial Building?
- Aromatherapy can increase your sales – People love to walk into a building that smells clean and chemical free. The aromatherapy creates a feel good atmosphere which in turn makes people more likely to want to buy your services or products.
- Increase employee productivity – Two main ways this spray helps are 1) When you are cleaning effectively killing germs in the air and on contact you cut down on employee sick days. 2) The Aromatherapy again speaks for itself in that it creates a clean healthy environment and will produce a positive mood within your employees.
- Aromatherapy gives a streak free clean on all your shiny surfaces including hardwood floors – My cleaner sanitizes all of those surfaces without streaks. That means no streaks on your front Entrance window, in your stainless steel bathrooms, on your hardwood floors, including laminate, or on you mirrors, glass tables, desks, and counter tops. The best part is that it does all that without Harmful Chemicals.
Uses/directions for Aromatherepy/Glass cleaner in the Home
- Cleans all mirrors, glass and hard surfaces you might not want to put a soapy substance on.
- Hardwood Floors- I mop first with just water on my mop pad (I use Norwex) and then I spray my cleaner over the mopped surface. The Vodka in the spray helps to eliminate the streaks that makes hardwood floors so hard to clean (Note – this might take a few cleanings if you have used soap or any other cleaners on your floor previously). For those of you concerned about germs being killed, that’s the job of the eucalyptus in the spray.
- Mirrors and glass I spray and you could use a lint free paper towel or Norwex has a purple cloth that works wonders.
- After shower spray- Spray evenly in the shower or bath to prevent build-up and mold.